- Attend college and university open days and ask staff and adult students about the benefits of higher-level study for particular courses.
- Ask your employer, if you have one, how a higher-level qualification could benefit you and your organisation.
- Talk to friends and relatives about their experiences of higher education and how it benefitted them. Be prepared for both positive and not so positive comments, but use what they tell you to inform your thoughts and plans.
- Work out the costs and benefits of studying by using Discover Uni to research the employment prospects and expected salary as a result of doing the course that interests you.
- Estimate the financial benefits you can expect to build up throughout your working life.