If you are currently studying a Level 3 qualification at college you may be thinking about what you want to do next. Qualification levels can go all the way up to Level 8 and having a Level 3 qualification gives you lots of options to continue onto higher level studies, which start from Level 4, with Level 6 being degree level.
In this section, Lifepilot provides information for Level 3 adult learners on pathways you can take once you have finished your course. There are many opportunities open to you depending on your personal circumstances and future aims.
You may be thinking about:
- Progressing from an Access to Higher Education Diploma onto a degree level course.
- Applying for a Higher apprenticeship or degree apprenticeship after a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship.
- Applying for a higher education course after studying a vocational course such as a BTEC qualification, CACHE Diploma or T level.
- Applying for a higher education course or apprenticeship after taking a part-time certified course, professional course or work based qualification such as an NVQ.
- Progressing from studying a combination of Level 3 qualifications including A levels, vocational qualifications or professional courses.
As an adult learner you may have lots of things to juggle and consider when planning your next steps and you may feel like there are some things that might prevent you from pursuing what you want to do. The good news is that there are an increasing number of flexible leaning options available including studying locally, and by distance learning and there is support available to help you afford to study a full time or part time course.
You might want to look at the Lifepilot video stories where adults talk about how they made the move to further study or overcame a potential barrier e.g funding, childcare, etc.