Benefits of APL
Although claiming credit from prior experience or qualifications can sometimes be a time consuming process, there are definite benefits.
- your previous experience will be recognised and valued; this can help build your confidence
- you may be able to get onto a course without the usual formal qualifications
- you may not have to repeat previous learning – this can reduce your workload and shorten the time required to complete a course
- gaining exemption from modules or part of a course may save you money
- it can support your career aspirations