Choosing a course and a place to study
The most important thing to do before embarking on higher education level study is to ensure that the course you choose will meet your needs. Lifepilot can help.
You might already know exactly what you want to study, how and where, but if you need support go to the What, where and how to study section to learn about the types of course available, the different ways to study and how to choose a course to suit you.
The main thing is to make sure the course will allow you to achieve your goals, whether that is to change career, gain promotion or learn more about a subject of personal interest, for instance.
Gather as much information as you can. Useful sites and other sources of information include:
- the colleges or universities you are considering – speak with tutors and student services
- the Prospects site, which has lots of information including details on what you can do with different degree subjects
- the Unistats site – this allows you to see the destinations of past students
- the Which? University site
- general careers advice from the National Careers Service