Choosing a course and a place to study
Choosing the right course and the right place to study to help to meet your needs is the most important thing. Lifepilot has lots of information to help.
Choosing a course
You might know what you want to study, how and where already but if you need support go to the 'What, where and how to study' section to find out the types of courses available, the different ways to study and how to choose a course to suit you.
The main thing is to make sure the course will provide you with what you want, this might be employment, a change of career, personal interest, promotion, etc
Gather as much information as you can. For instance you could:
- Look at the Which? University site and search for courses, unis and more
- Check out the Sector Skills Council for the sector you are interested in to see what qualifications they require
- Find out what other people leaving the course have gone on to do by looking at the Unistats site
- Check out the graduate jobs that are available related to your subject choice through Prospects
- You can get help from the university or college you wish to apply to, often through Student Services, or general careers advice from the National Careers Service