Surveys repeatedly show that adults embarking on higher-level study gain considerable personal benefits.
Some of benefits to you could include:
- acquiring new skills and improving others; regardless of the subject you study, you’ll develop transferable skills – useful in all areas of your life
- learning how to think for yourself
- becoming an independent and lifelong learner
- developing a broader view of the world
- enjoying a healthier lifestyle – for instance you’re less likely to suffer depression and more likely to exercise
- discovering new personal interests and activities
- making new friends and meeting people from different backgrounds
- improving your self-awareness
- challenging yourself and gaining a sense of achievement
- giving your children, if you have them, more support in their education
Of course, you may just be at a stage in your life when you can study a subject for personal enjoyment – perhaps something you’ve always wanted to learn.
Follow this link to read more about the non-financial benefits of higher education study.