All RAU foundation degrees have been developed in consultation with industry professionals to provide a flexible route into and through higher education. They combine a stimulating mix of the academic and practical, through work-based activities. The practical skills elements will give you the experience you need for that crucial headstart when seeking employment. You will learn not only the how but also the why or in other words put practice into theory.
These programmes may be studied either on a two-year, full-time basis or part-time over four years and are often delivered in partnership between the RAU and local Further Education colleges.
In short you will be able to:
- Combine work-based learning activities with academic skill on programmes which meet industry needs
- TOP UP on to a full Honours Degree on successful completion of the Foundation Degree
Programmes offered are:
- Agriculture and Farm Management
- Animal Science
- British Wildlife Conservation
- Business and Enterprise
- Environmental Conservation and Heritage Management
At Wiltshire College Programmes (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- Animal Science and Management
You can find out more about our wide range of programmes and their entry requirements from our website. : www.rac.ac.uk – under “prospective students, undergraduate study”.
Why do a Foundation Degree?
- Provide flexible routes into HE
- Combine work-based learning activities with academic skill
- Meet industry needs
- TOP UP on to Honours Degree
- If you have at least 2 years’ relevant demonstrable professional experience you may not be required to have formal Level 3 qualifications